South Tyrol, the northernmost region of Italy, has some of the most beautiful and famous mountains of the Dolomites. Its long tourism tradition allows for excellent luxury hotels and state of the art facilities not just in the biggest towns but in the villages too, like Bolzano, Merano or Bressanone, but also in the small villages like Corvara, San Cassiano or Ortisei.
In the South Tyrolean mountains you have many ways to spend your leisure time: trekking, mountain biking and horseback riding, skiing in big ski domains like Dolomiti Superski, Ortler Skiarena and Dolomiti Nordicski, and playing golf in the courses of the best resorts. Many are also the cultural attractions, a blending of Italian and Central European traditions mirrored in the castles, strongholds, churches, monuments, stage events, concerts and folk festivals.
South Tyrol has a long tradition of wellness services and facilities: the wellness centers in the 4 and 5 star hotels of South Tyrol and the spa resorts – like the famous Terme di Merano – both offer beauty and wellness treatments based on the use of local products.
The pleasure of a holiday in South Tyrol is only complete if you have a taste of local food and wine: local cuisine is in fact one of the strong points of South Tyrol, thanks to many traditional products like Speck and Graukäse, used by awarded chefs to create original dishes matched with fine South Tyrolean wines.
- Top destination for luxury holidays
- High-class gastronomy
- Italian and Central European tradition
Luxury holidays in South Tyrol: luxury destinations
Top events in South Tyrol
Hero Südtirol DolomitesVal Gardena
The 2020 edition has been cancelledVal Gardena hosts the world’s hardest internationa...
FIS Ski World Cup Val GardenaVal Gardena
Val Gardena hosts two international races on the legendary Saslong slope in December:...
Winter golf tournamentAlpe di Siusi
The winter golf tournament is held on the Alpe di Siusi. It is played over 9 holes, f...
Swing on SnowAlpe di Siusi
Music from morning to night in March. On the Alpe di Siusi plateau, the swing notes r...
Audi Fis Ski World Cup Alta BadiaVal Badia/Alta Badia
In December the beautiful and exciting slope Gran Risa, in the Dolomites of La Villa...
Ski Carousel Vintage PartyVal Badia/Alta Badia
Don’t miss the Ski Carousel Vintage Party, scheduled for early April, which recreates...
White Wine FestivalValle Isarco and Alta Valle Isarco
In May, the event "White Wine Festival" celebrates one of the most refined wine of th...
Christmas markets in Isarco ValleyValle Isarco and Alta Valle Isarco
You have to visit three Christmas markets in Isarco Valley from November to January:...
Christmas in Meran and surroundingsMerano and surroundings
The Christmas markets take place in Merano, Lana, Tirolo, Lagundo and Scena from Nove...
CastelrondaBolzano and surroundings
The 2020 edition has been cancelledDuring the summer, the most beautiful castles in t...
Christmas market BolzanoBolzano and surroundings
Rituals, customs, culinary arts and handcraft. The Christmas market of Bolzano is a m...
Christmas in South TyrolSouth Tyrol
Ancient traditions in a fairy-tale atmosphere. In the Advent period Krampus run take...
Ibu World Cup BiathlonVal Pusteria and Plan de Corones
The biathlon center of Anterselva hosts some Worldcup Biathlon races in January. Spee...
Cheese FestivalTures and Aurina Valleys
A Slow Food event dedicated to the chesse, the important product of the valley and of...
Street kitchenTures and Aurina Valleys
In summer, seven nights are reserved for refined dishes prepared rigorously with regi...
Medieval games in South TyrolVal Venosta
In August, an exciting blast from the past for the whole family in Sluderno. 1300 kni...
Snowkiting ChampionshipVal Venosta
In January, international snowkiting competitions take place at Resia Lake for the sp...
Tower sailing regatta on Resia LakeVal Venosta
For all the sailing lovers, in august the characteristic Resia lake, from where the r...
Christmas Markets in Val Martello and GlorenzaVal Venosta
Two Christmas markets take place in Val Venosta: one in Val Martello, the highest of...
TörggelenBolzano and surroundings
Ancient tradition to announce the autumn, Bolzano and surroundings will prepare for t...
KronplatzKing MTB MarathonVal Pusteria and Plan de Corones
Cross-country mountain bike race departing from the center of San Vigilio di Marebbe...
Seiser Alm Balance in AutumnAlpe di Siusi
Autumn of relaxation and well-being in Alpe di Siusi. September is the month to recha...
At the top with tasteVal Badia/Alta Badia
The delicious summer proposal of Alta Badia between food and wine, outdoor sports and...
Südtirol Jazzfestival Alto AdigeSouth Tyrol
For jazz fans, the music festival Südtirol Jazzfestival Alto Adige is staged every ye...
Wine cellar nightSouth Tyrol
South Tyrol is a renowned wine region. The 150 km long South Tyrolean Wine Route, com...
Nos ladins: in Alta Badia as a true localVal Badia/Alta Badia
Alta Badia is the land of the Ladin people and this summer offers a completely new ex...
Discovering nature with all the sensesAlpe di Siusi
It will be a different summer in Alpe di Siusi, but always full of unique and unforge...
Alpin Hotel Masl
- Ski lift and walking trails starting from the hotel
- For families: children's pool, game rooms, minizoo
- Alpine wellness on 2,000 sqm with swimming pools, saunas and spa
Alpine Luxury Spa Resort Schwarzenstein
- Wellness area of 5000 sqm, with 2 x 25 m connecting indoor and outdoor swimming pools
- Extensive programme for children, with a miniclub
- Large hotel with elegant ambience
Hotel Ansitz Plantitscherhof
- Open air suites to sleep under the stars
- Vintage car rental, repair service, and carwash
- Wine cellars with rarities, tastings, and guided tours in a Volkswagen Bulli
My Arbor Plose Wellness Hotel - Adults Only
- Active holiday: experience the nature of Plose
- Spa & Wellness: wood, heat, water
- Gourmet hotel: a pleasure for the palate
Cyprianerhof Dolomit Resort
- Guided trips, every day throughout the year
- Alpine Wellness with natural products and a relaxing program
- A fantastic panoramic position
Hotel Quelle Nature SPA Resort
- Wide range of indoor and outdoor activities with instructors
- Unique experience: 7 pools, 10 themed saunas and various vapour levels
- Quiet location surrounded by nature
FORESTIS Dolomites - Adults Only
- NEW OPENING 20 JULY 2020: a completely renewed hotel
- A kingdom of natural elements: air, spring water, sun, mild climate
- Infinity pool with panoramic views, multi-story restaurant and Roof Top Bar
Quellenhof Luxury Resort Passeier
- 2nd place among the 100 best Italian Spa, with a wellness centre of 10.000 sqm and a medical centre
- For families. Fantastic Family Acqua Park
- Biggest ski sports area in the South Tyrol
Post Hotel - Tradition & Lifestyle - Adults Only
- Adults Only Hotel for exclusive moments as a couple
- Surrounded by the Dolomites, in the center of San Candido
- Unique atmosphere in modern style
ADLER Spa Resort Dolomiti
- Spectacular spa center with renowned Spa
- Rich daily program of indoor and outdoor activities
- Fantastic location in the center of Ortisei
Tirler Dolomites Living Hotel
- Located in Alpe di Siusi, the natural heaven of tranquility
- Bio-hotel and the first hotel certified for Allergy control
- Provides a lot of winter activities for families